Places to Grow Act and Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe
All municipalities within the Greater Golden Horseshoe
Who prepares it
Municipalities and their consultants
Submitted to/publication requirements
Ministry of Municipal Affairs; may be published online through municipal websites.
Due date/ frequency
Originally prepared as part of municipal conformity to the Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe. Must be reviewed during a Municipal Comprehensive Review.
Minimum data requirements
- Population allocations by the province to upper-tier or single-tier municipalities
- Population allocation to lower-tier municipalities
- Units required to accommodate population allocation at the settlement area level
- People per unit measurement used to calculate housing units
- Settlement area required to accommodate projected growth (people and units)
- Different methods were used by different municipalities during the implementation of the 2006 Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe. The 2017 Plan includes a standardized land budgeting methodology.
- Not all municipalities publish their land budgets online.